Eleven bilingual exhibits describe historic events from the War of 1812, including sites of military encounters and buildings with historic significance at locations around the lake in New York and Vermont. These exhibits were created to commemorate the 1812 Bicentennial.
Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership, National Park Service. For more information, contact 802-372-3213.
View the exhibits:
- Battle of Beekmantown at Culver Hill - Beekmantown, NY (630 KB)
- First Bloody Encounter - Beekmantown, NY (681 KB)
- The Skirmish at Halmsey's Corners - Beekmantown, NY (770 KB)
- Dewey's Tavern - Champlain, NY (623 KB)
- Pliny Moore House - Champlain, NY (576 KB)
- Pliny Moore Stone Farm House and Murray's Raid - Champlain, NY (577 KB)
- Slavery, Freedom and the War of 1812 - Plattsburgh, NY (657 KB)
- The Delord House - Plattsburgh, NY (564 KB)
- Pike's Cantonment - Plattsburgh, NY (669 KB)
- USS Saratoga - Schuylerville, NY (682 KB)
- International Boundary Settled - Alburgh, VT (563 KB)